Saturday, June 26, 2010

What paint technique should I use on my ';blemished'; wall?

I just took wallpaper off my wall and am in the process of washing it. There are pieces of the drywall that have come off I think. There are these little brown spots here and there. Also the surface is not smooth. So my question is what paint technique should I use to mask this? I want a garden theme and was thinking the texture might look nice. If I wash the wall, then prime it, will that make my surface flat and smooth again? Maybe take a sponge and blot all over? Or paint it first then go back over blotting? Thanks everyone.What paint technique should I use on my ';blemished'; wall?
I've made the mistake of trying to use paint techniques to cover flaws in walls. It never turns out right. The flaws just end up looking worse and worse as time goes on...and especially when you repaint the next time.





If you want a nice wall again, wash the wall and let it dry. Then use a 3'; plaster blade and a container of vinyl spackle (unless you have real plaster walls...then use plaster spackle) and cover the holes and dings. Let it dry and sand it smooth with a fine grit sanding block. Then prime the wall and repaint it however you'd like. It's not hard to get them back in shape now...it's just really much harder if you paint it now and want to fix it later.What paint technique should I use on my ';blemished'; wall?
If your washing the drywall you need to STOP now you need to do is i would go to hardware store and get info on what you need. When you get to the hardware store ask them for some info sometimes they can show you samples of a wall treatment. Your going to go there anyway OK Oh just remember what you think your furniture will go with the tecnique.
You might consider using a paint roller and paint that leaves a rough textured look, this will cover over any small imperfections, however it is rough to touch and will take the skin off your elbows every time you rub against it lol
Correct, wash all the paste residue off your walls and let dry. Next prime the walls with a good primer like a Zinsser product named ';Sheildz'; this will also lock down any residue you didn't get off and let dry. Now with 100 grit sand paper lightly sand your walls, those little brown spots you talk about are the paper facing of the sheetrock and now that you've primed should sand up pretty good for you. Next use a broad knife or a 6'; wide putty knife and with using some joint compound go and lightly skim your spots, let dry and lightly sand and repeat this 2 more times. Once you've gotten them looking pretty good spot prime your compounded areas and your ready for paint. good luck and take your time, Les the Painter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan officer